Module 2: DNA and genes
Teacher suggestions for Module 2: DNA staining
- 1 period (with 30 minutes waiting time) + 10 minutes the next day to get data
What you need to set up
- Staining trays
- Methylene blue DNA stain
- Water to rinse stain off with (tap?)
What the students need
- Their gels from the previous step
- staining tray per group
- Access to DNA stain and water
- Spatula to be able to move gels
5– 10 minutes to explain what needs to be done.
45– 50 minutes to get gels out of rigs, fill trays, place gels in trays and then move them to water tray.
Next day checking gels and getting data.